For the math challenged:
- 99% of 1% is about 1% of all voters
- 57% of 99% is about 57% of all voters
- Therefore, the 1% always win the elections – say what?
- Their own poster shows that 57% of voters took part, not 1% and there is no indication that 99% of the electorate is not voting. Geesh.
- This poster is nonsense.
- But you can be sure it was shared tens of thousands of times online. Because people anchor on the 99% figure in the first sentence and then falsely compare that to the 57% figure. Please! Think!
- Occupy Democrats is a professional propaganda business – they know precisely what they are doing and deliberately employed the psychological “anchoring” concept to design this poster.
Text for Search Indexing
In the 2012 Election an astonishing 99% of the wealthiest 1% of Americans voted.
Meanwhile, only 57% of the general population voted.
Share if you understand that if the other 99% don’t show up to vote, the 1% will always get their way.