- Good, simple design, good eye contact, simple message, easily processed.
- Former President Bill Clinton really did say this in a speech in 2013.
- The Washington Post, however, says the claim is not true: Three Pinocchios.
- As a propaganda poster, this uses the “Appeal to Authority” method.
- The poster was shared on Facebook.
- I like the poster design – clean with a simple message.
Bertrand Russell noted that facts are either true or false, and their truthfulness is independent of who is making the claim. Bill Clinton’s saying this does not make it true. However,the “appeal to authority” format is common in social media propaganda as we tend to trust “experts”, “authorities” and “officials”.